Sunday, February 19, 2012

Experiment 11: The "Wtf do we have for breakfast?"

goddamn. Its been a long time.

a Looooong time.





I work fulltime, and have a wee sprat and a marriage to maintain soooo.. my kitchen escapades are very limited. The extent of my shenanigans have been limited to making my yogurt and kale chips. Kale chips aren't that weird.. so, they don't go here.

So today.

Get up at an indulgent 9am (Hubbasaur was nice enough to take kiddo at 6 and let me sleep. Clearly, sleep was needed for me to stay in bed that long, and with an 8 month old, sleep is not always forthcoming.) and I am RAVENOUS,

I could eat a whole hog.  But I lack bacon. I meander into the kitchen and snuffle around, seeking a quick and easy fix. We dont have a lot of bread anymore - trying to cut back you know.

Fuck making rice in the morning.

I couldn't be asked to make oatmeal today.

I need to save that yogurt for starter tomorrow.. hm.. Oh look.. raw eggs.. hm shredded mozzy? omg I have a tomato??

AVOCADOS??ASFDKJSADF;LASDJF;LKF
 I need a bagle!!
*rummage.*
"What the crap, wasn't there a left over bagel on the counter??"
Husband looks up from his desk with a look of guilt.
With a sigh of mock irritation, I almost resign myself to cottage cheese and blue berries. My dreams of warm egg and cheese dashed, seemingly on the faux-whatever-the-hell-this-is counter tops of our stately apartment.

BUT WAIT.. HAMBURGER BUNS???? Fuck yeah.

I really winged this. I won't even lie. I didn't read this anywhere; I didn't over hear it. I just threw it together. I used the broiler - that was fun. Not even that scary either >.>

The trick was soaking the buns in the cooking oil (olive) briefly, not even a soak - and toasting them real quick under the broiler before adding the eggs. I made two of these, but since the husband abhors the godly status of avocado and dislikes tomato, his didn't really get much love.  (it's the plate to the left. all boring.)

I swear, if this dosnt scream "californian" I don't even know.
So fucking good.

1 comment: