Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Upcoming shenanigans.

I have a lot of things pending; (besides this whole baby thing. She's still in there; 40 weeks and a day today ha.)




So in the meanwhile, we'll just pretend we have time to plan out making an absurd amount of treats and experiment with foods.

The Knock you Naked Brownies were an appreciated but sadly largely untouched treat for the event I made them for (my grandmother's 90th Birthday), but given most of the adults present can't or choose not to consume sugar (of which there was much) I was not offended.


Thats ok, I still ate half of one.

So; these plans.. They are numbered, not in any real order (cept maybe in the order I want to do them in, but they are interchangeable.)

Experiment 04: Rainbow layer cake.
 - I want to make this for my husbands grandmother's birthday. I needed a reason to make one since I lust to make one; and not be forced to send it to work (I sent a tray of brownies to work today, eff sending them a whole cake =p) The solution as I see, is make it and just give it away, or find a function. An aunts birthday showed itself, seeking confirmation, I was informed of Gramma A's birthday this weekend. So, time allowing, I will make a rainbow layer cake.

More or less it will be made based off of this: CAEKZ.

I tell no lie when I say I forsee this in many incarnations; Samhain, yule.. birthdays.. oh man.

Experiment 05: Bailey's Cake.

How the hell can you not want to eat THIS.

LOOK at that .. BEAST.. And so simple; but I lack a bundt pan, you know what that means? Walmart specials. Ha! XD

My main reason for wanting to make this is it's sheer simplicity. It looks atrociously complicated; but infact its not that hard at all but like anything that seems simple, it can turn into a fiasco real quick. This would likely be an excellent holiday cheer offering.

This leads me to the next desired experiment; this one coming with the full support and wants from the husband:

Experiment 06: Guinness Stout Chocolate Layer Cake

Again from the NoblePig;  this cake looks like it'd be a killer cake to try out. It would def be the most complex thing I've made; the most materials needed for sure. I'm eager to try this, possibly for the holidays or before since the husband is adamant I make this soon. Ha.

Experiment 07: Guava Empanadas.

Something about these excited me when a friend linked them to me; Possibly because it uses fruit, not  chocolate or sugar only. (it uses some, i know.) Fruity based things are hard to do in this house. I made blueberry scones once; they tasted great, but no one else would touch them (they didnt look the /best/ but.. I mean.. come on)
I don't know if I can get the husband to try these. We'll see! I sense a good summer nom here.

Experiment 08: Matcha Cookies.

I'd link you a recipe, but I havent decided on which to go with. Matcha tea is an amazing tea if you've ever had the occasion to have any - outside of a starbucks please. Green tea lattes from there; while good dont do the tea itself the justice it deserves.  (Never mind the frequency of which I drank the stuff when I worked there)

Ive never had a cookie made with the stuff, but I am keen to try this. The most common form of cookie is a sugar cookie; which would support the delicate nature of the flavor of the tea with a light texture and light sweetness. I can't wait to try these.

So these are the basics - more are lurking in the background as far as experiments - fish, pastas and salads infact, i'll add them when I have something concrete for this - unless anyone wants to suggest something wild :D

No comments:

Post a Comment