Saturday, April 14, 2012

Experiment 13: RIDING THAT TRAIN.

The curry train, that is.

No offense to any Grateful Dead fans; but I prefer my trains cocaine free.

So.. curry.

I discovered some months ago my husband will eat this - if I prepare it. We're talking a plain Jane eater here. Meat and taters if you please. Steaks, chicken. CHICKEN. GODDDJSJDKLSA.

Ahem.
('scuse my outburst - I get weary of chicken.)

I happened upon this pouched curry in one of our grocery trips before his over time at work started.  Before I became jobless I think. Whatever.

I pounced on it, half joking, "HUSBAND. LOOK. INDIAN FOOD. CURRY. DELICIOUS."
I expected him to smile in that way a spouse will when encountering an over excited spouse trying to get attention to something they, the uninterested spouse, wants fuck all to do with.

Instead he seemed more interested then not, so I LEAPED at purchasing some. I initally made it very plain; no adding extra herbs, veg. Just as is, a little diced chicken, rice.

I've since been experimenting on making it more uh, hearty? I like weight to my meals.
(I also am a cheapo and don't like to buy a lot of meats.)

Cooking this also got me wanting to try more spices. I admit I am now a veritable whore for cumin.
So lately, I have added, over the months to this dish, varying amounts of :
Swiss chard, spinach leaves, lentils, onion, broclii, cauliflower, green beans and asparagus, Zuchini, yellow squash!
Ive even added tilapia.

Some nights, I dont add meats; the lentils are enough. For the husband though, I add meats.

For a quick throw together, this really has turned out to be a pretty versatile meal.

dskls'alskfsdlfksdf

Tasty Bites!

jdflkasdf YOM NOM NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment